Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Cebu, Philippines DAY 2 - Scuba Diver's Paradise

This time, Ray and I went to a nearby island to see the emerald green sea. We had some time to do fishing on the boat and I taped the moment I caught a little fish!

Apparently Cebu and other Filipino islands are world-famous for snorkeling and scuba diving. I can see why  the water is so clean and there are so many kinds of fish you've never seen before.  Here's a video of us snorkeling and saying hello to the colorful tropical fish =)

A rainbow colored fish bit my finger at the end of the video... :O The tropical fish really like bread, huh. 

After that, Ray and I went scuba diving. We went really deep, maybe more than 30 m. The professional diver took us to a BIG cliff underwater and it was so magical, just looking down at the complete darkness. Also I saw & touched a lot of weird sea creatures! Weird and amazing at the same time. Maybe I'll learn scuba diving properly and get a license. :D
The ear pressure got pretty heavy, but it was okay as long as I blew my nose to balance the pressure. We look okay afterwards :)


After the day activities, we went out to the city again for a dinner show where local traditional dancers performed.
In the video, you can also see how the streets look like in Cebu. Lots of trees and farms.







These guys were very fancy - I think they are supposed to be kings and queens depicting an ancient story. They struck these wooden bars fast in a repeated motion and the dancers had to walk and jump over them as to not get hit. 

These guys are hilarious :D As you can see, they're wearing some kind of coconut shells that look like bras. The dancers would line up and hit each other's coconut on the butt, which click-clacked.

They invited all the children in the audience to the stage!

Next time I'll post about more activities in the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment