Thursday, February 14, 2019

Vladivostok September 2018

This was my first time in Russia. I was very excited to go and it was only about an hour and a half away from Seoul.


Train station in the city--you can actually go to/from the airport. I just got on a cab (Maxim app, similar to Uber) since it was after midnight.
My hostel was around the GUM department store. The old courtyard has restaurants and dessert cafes. I also exchanged dollars into Rubles.

My burger at Shonkel.
Hitchhiking at the city center

This is the main street called 'Arbat Street' where they have big supermarkets, shops, restaurants and others.


Blin (crepe) was just great!!  It was less than $5 and so good πŸ˜‹

Tea in Russia very popular more than coffee. I bought boxes of tea like 'Greenfield' and others from the local markets as a gift.


pelmeni is a kind of noodle soup and it's so hearty and good I had two πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‹



Yeah, Russian alphabets (Cyrillic) is kinda hard to read. But I used Google translate to just recognize some of the signs.

I don't really recommend this pepperoni pizza with pickles..

This was Yul Brynner's birthplace.


A pleasant surprise, I remember watching the movie Magnificent Seven in college.

Ride the 'funicular' or cablecar to reach a viewpoint. The air was so clear and good compared to Seoul!


If you want to try the shrimps, go to the park near Arbat!

They microwave it for you, but you can bring it home and cook it with butter.

Going home @ airport

These Russian dolls were beautiful! I'll definitely go back sometime~

No comments:

Post a Comment