Saturday, April 19, 2014

Trip to Shanghai 1 - Yuyuan Garden



Having been stressed out from the job, I've decided to quit and take a break. Originally, I wanted to go to Germany since my friend is living there, but the flight ticket scared me a little bit (We really need Elon Musk to build cheap underground transpotation between E. Asia and Europe :P )
 
So I joined my friend on a trip to Shanghai, which turned out to be quite fun! I took a lot of photos in the beautiful Yuyuan Garden, so enjoy!
 

 


Signs like this on the wall fascinated me! They were encased with glass and had a lot of intricate details which I think are depicting the scenery around the park a long time ago.


 These giant rocks were everywhere in the park - I wonder if they were created by volcanic eruptions or carried from somewhere else.









I loved these gates! They look really fun to walk in and make you see things differently.






To check out more photos, please see my flickr album: HERE 
 
 
Videos
 
This is a video of the uniquely shaped windows and arches.
 
This is the bridge in the garden over a picturesque pond.
 
Hope you enjoyed!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment